SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS
Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are communities of our members who are interested in sharing ideas, knowledge and experiences with others in a specific field and a common interest area, offering the opportunity for ongoing interaction among professionals regarding a certain topic.
What are the benefits of joining a SIG community?
- an international forum of support, expertise, thought leadership, advice and guidance
- networking amongst professionals
- a platform for education, training and CPD
What do you get from joining a SIG?
- Access to exclusive, specialised content, including resources containing videos, podcasts, articles, research studies, useful web links
- Regular e-updates: news, events, workshops and conferences organised around the world each year
- Networking opportunities
- In-person and virtual collaboration opportunities
- Discussion forums
What SIGs need to do
- Have a coordinator for each SIG
- Have one publication in each month (teaching tip, review, conference report, etc.) – shared in the newsletter
- Maintain a ‘teaching toolkit’ database – teaching tips, resources, etc. – with each member sharing at least one resource / tip / idea per quarter
- Annual meeting (main conference in October or February Winter Warmer)
- Conference proposals (themed sessions at the conference)
- Organise an event – CC presentation, webinar, etc.
- Maintain a Facebook-page
Previous SIGs we would be happy to refresh/revive:
Culture and Literature SIG
Young Learners SIG
Infocommunication technology SIG
Business English SIG
|Novice Teachers SIG|
New SIGs we are planning to introduce
Global Issues SIG
English for Specific Purposes
Special Educational Needs SIG
|Drama in ELT SIG|
At the moment we are looking for members who want to take part in any of these SIGs as well as coordinators for most of them.
All IATEFL-Hungary members are entitled to sign up to any number of SIGs. Please sign up here if you are interested.