Professional development at your fingertips
Not being able to travel to a conference doesn’t mean you can’t take part in it. After last year's successful event, join our enthusiastic team again on an incredible journey through the world of online professional development and get the chance to participate in two free face-to-face teacher development workshops organised by IATEFL-Hungary and the British Council.
What’s Harrogate Online?
Teachers of English from all over the world will meet to discuss what's new in English language teaching at the 48th IATEFL conference in Harrogate, UK between 2nd and 5th April 2013. The British Council is again teaming up with IATEFL-Hungary to give you an opportunity to follow this inspiring conference from the comfort of your home: visit the Budapest Online in Budapest website, watch live sessions, video interviews and join the debate.
How to benefit more?
Participate in our free workshops after the Harrogate conference to find out how you can make the most of the Harrogate Online website; increase your confidence in using other online and mobile professional development tools; share tips and ideas to use ICT tools in your classroom.
Making the most of an international online conference - A SITE (http://iatefl.britishcouncil.org/) and where it can take you.
· Appreciate – the impressive coverage the British Council and IATEFL bring you
· Share – your ideas, experience and passion
· Inspire – great talks by internationally acclaimed speakers
· Try – activities for your classroom
· Enjoy – a virtual trip to the UK
How to join us?
GET ONLINE and GET READY
FOLLOW THE CONFERENCE ONLINE
from 22 March to 5 April 2014
the Budapest Online website: http://budapestonline.wordpress.com/
· Get involved in the Harrogate conference virtually
· Watch presentations and workshops by leading ELT experts online
· Read blog posts and talk to Hungarian professionals attending the conference
· Join chat and forum discussions with teachers from all over the world
· Expand your Personal Learning Network
Facilitated by Nora Tartsay and everyone wishing to contribute.
GUEST BLOGGERS WILL ENTER A RAFFLE WHERE THEY CAN WIN FREE PARTICIPATION AT THE NYESZE CONFERENCE. THE PRIZES WILL BE DRAWN ON 4TH APRIL, AT 20.00!
REFLECT and HAVE FUN
HARROGATE ONLINE AFTER PARTY
Date: Saturday 5 April 2014, 14.00 to 18.00
Venue: NYESZE conference
Budapest XI. Villányi út 11-13. Általános Vállalkozási Főiskola
· Reflect on most inspiring conference talks and happenings
· Reflect on your own Harrogate Online journey and online learning experience
· Share ideas on how to integrate ICT tools in your classroom
· Win valuable prizes at the raffle
Workshop 1: A creative future for learning with ICT - with Nóra Tartsay
This workshop, inspired by Sugata Mitra's plenary from the IATEFL conference The future of Learning, follows the well-known educator looking back at the history of technology-assisted learning (what has worked and is still with us) and then looking ahead at the future of ICT: what technology will students be using in the years to come to help them learn languages. Find about two great features of Harrogate Online (recorded sessions and entries by roving reporters) and how best to exploit these.
Workshop 2: Creative writing activities for your less creative students - with Anna Csíky
This workshop uses Jackie Kay's plenary from the IATEFL conference The Imagined Land, as its starting point for a journey into writing, and especially scaffolded writing in the classroom. Genre analysis (come along to find out about CLOGS), instant writing activities, peer review and feedback - in the context of writing about places, people and roads travelled, both real and imaginary. Find about two great features of Harrogate Online (materials of sessions and forums) and how best to exploit these.
Raffle prizes at the NYESZE conference: